- Small investors have some investing options.
- You can invest occasionally in lump sums (the once-off investors) or monthly through debit orders (the monthly investors).
- As for things to invest in, I’m a general fan of low-cost equity-index-tracker ETFs (as is Warren Buffett). But there are other possibilities as well.
- This series of posts is there to see which would work out well.
- Then there are some indicators at the end. Because why not.
First off, a disclaimer-y apology: I got caught up this morning, so this is going to be very short.
But in more interesting/entertaining news, Cambist has suspended trading on its platform. After Bridge went into Business Rescue a few weeks ago. And OneLaw fired everyone on Monday. For the background, here’s where I first called the whole thing a ponzi scheme: “Is Cambist illegal, or lying, and how does it make money?” And here’s the moneyweb article from this morning: Cambist suspends platform.
A look at the week everyone had:
So all in all – a bit of an uninteresting week. Things fluctuated between better and worse and ended up almost exactly where they left off.
The exchange rate weakened again:
The stock market pulled back:
The stock market in real terms:
10 Year Government bond yields continued to fall:
Oil prices continued to plummet (I actually had to redo the graph, because I’d run out of axis):
In Rand terms:
Gold and Platinum:
In Rand terms:
Until next week!