Good GOOD morning! I am very excited to say that we now have a new logo, new facebook and twitter cover photos and A NEW WEBSITE (and if you’re an email subscriber, a new mailer).
The new logo:
The new Twitter cover photo:
The new Facebook cover photo:
- The unbelievably awesome Kim, from PixelRocket, who thoroughly rocked all my pixels. She also spent hours going through posts and uploading featured images and dealing with all my OCD commentary à la “I don’t like this button – can we use another button?” That girl deserves a medal. And a strong endorsement for all your design needs (even if you don’t realise that you have those needs – because you do). And even more importantly, a point about ‘paying for what you get’. There are designers who offer you an all-in service for R7k, and then there are designers that do it for three times that. The ones that do it for R7k are cheap for a reason. The ones that do it for three times that are worth every cent and more.
- My partner, friends and family, for reviewing early drafts and giving carefully considered (and worded) opinions – only to have those opinions shelved because I preferred something else. Love me still.
- My loyal readers and followers, for dealing with the spam during the migration hiccup. READ ME STILL.
This is for Kim (because I know how much she likes a drag queen gif):
Snaps to ya, mama.
Some points to note:
- I am working furiously to try and get everything up to date. There are excerpts to be written and more posts that require featured images and some re-tagging to be done. There is also some post-editing required due to a slight teething problem with lists (!). So in the meantime, some parts of the site will look better than others.
- Please bear with us if the connection seems a bit slow, or the page randomly drops for some reason. A few of the plugins aren’t happy with the new theme, so we’re working out the kinks. Just refresh the page and all should be fine.
- And for the email subscribers, you’ll find that the day’s post now comes into your inbox in the evening rather than in the morning. The short story: that’s the only way we could work it. The long story: we’ve moved the subscribers over to Mailchimp, which has much better mailers, but needs to be a timed email rather than an “as-you-publish-it” email, and I can’t always guarantee that I’ll have published a post by midday (there are days when that just doesn’t happen).
But most importantly, I really hope that you like how the website looks and works. I really wanted a website that was easier to navigate, and I think that we have that.
What a great day.
Rolling Alpha posts about finance, economics, and sometimes stuff that is only quite loosely related. Follow me on Twitter @RollingAlpha, or like my page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rollingalpha. Or both.
rhpurves July 4, 2016 at 08:06
Congrats Jay, it looks great!Reply
Jayson July 4, 2016 at 08:07
Thanks Rob! 🙂Reply
travelwhores July 4, 2016 at 08:52
Looks fab Jayse!Reply
Jayson July 4, 2016 at 13:01
Thanks ladies! 😀Reply
mattsuttner July 4, 2016 at 11:08
Kim July 4, 2016 at 11:09
Yaaaassss! I love me a makeover and some Jinkx.
Thank you for the kind words!Reply
Jayson July 4, 2016 at 13:00
You know it! #DesignGoddessReply
HilanB July 4, 2016 at 11:11
epic new look / functionality! thanks for the great content, look forward to what lies ahead…Reply