I did actually go and count how many windows and tabs I had open:
- Seven active program windows:
- the Internet browser to write this blog post,
- Skype with a follow-up on some outstanding work,
- Slack with a conversation about invoicing,
- my Mail client for an email about a project,
- Microsoft Word for an invoice that was part of the Slack conversation,
- Microsoft Excel for spreadsheets on the Skype-work and the Mail-project, and
- my Reminders app for updating the To Do list based on B, C and D.
- Also iTunes, Finder and iCal – but those don’t really count because they’re just in the background.
- Twelve open tabs in Safari, including:
- Auctionata (checking the catalogue for their next online Post War and Contemporary Art auction);
- Three partially-read articles by Matt Levine from Bloomberg View (about Uber, Active Managers, and whether Yahoo will be able to spin-off Alibaba without killing themselves by tax);
- A youtube clip on vaccinations (your guess is almost as good as mine);
- News pieces on Greece, Tesla and China’s ghost-towns;
- Facebook; and
- Pinterest for the infographica (of which today’s post was one).
I was also messaging on Whatsapp.
Think of all that dopamine.
*automatically opens another tab to google dopamine*