Here’s what’s been happening with the investors:
And here are the indicators:
The key take-home messages:
- After the platinum industry strike was declared over, the markets fell (which just goes to show how crazy and unpredictable markets can be).
- The inflation rate was revised upwards to 6.60%, so we could possibly be expect an interest rate increase announcement at the next monetary policy committee meeting. Although, frankly, a rate increase is the last thing anyone needs – sod inflation-targeting. It’s not like any inflationary increases are due to a sudden increase in spending – it’s more likely caused by a weakening rand driving up the price of key imports (like fuel).
- 14 weeks in, Satrix for the win.
- Although there are rumblings that the equities market is overheating.
- I say: where else can the money go?
Until next week!