19 weeks done, I think it’s time for some honest reflection.
Firstly, here’s what happened to those initial investors that threw R3,500 into the pot:
Some returns have been earned, some have not.
Here are the monthly-investment investors:
Again, some returns have been earned, some have not.
Let’s just take the Contented Pragmatist as an example:
- The initial version of this investor has earned a return of 9.69%.
- The monthly guy has earned a return of 6.48%.
- So clearly, the initial guy sounds like he’s doing better.
- Only – in absolute terms, the initial investor has earned R338.98, while the monthly investor has earned R550.69.
- And the initial investor has a savings pot of ±R3,900, while the monthly investor has savings of ±R9,000.
And actually, if you take any monthly investor (not including the Art Enthusiast), it’s almost irrelevant what return they’re earning. The greatest return has been time (alongside the saving habit).
Don’t be crazy. Put aside something, it matters not how small. What matters is:
- Having the habit; and
So, um, stop wasting time…
Here are the SA indicators:
I reckon it’s time I turned these into graphs – but I shall save that for the next post.
Until next week!