Good morning – and happy Heritage Day to the South Africans. I shall shortly be going in search of meat product in order to bring it and braai it.
So today’s is a reasonably quick post.
- Small investors have some investing options.
- You can invest occasionally in lump sums (the once-off investors) or monthly through debit orders (the monthly investors).
- As for things to invest in, I’m a general fan of low-cost equity-index-tracker ETFs (as is Warren Buffett). But there are other possibilities as well.
- This series of posts is there to see which would work out well.
- Then there are some indicators at the end.
The Once-Off Investors
In pictures (not a great week in general):
And here’s the table:
The Monthly Investors
FYI: this monthly stuff is kind of confused by the fact that I’ve assumed that monthly investment takes place on the last Wednesday of the month.
The exchange rate weakened (thanks to the Russian nuclear deal, apparently)…
The Stock Market dipped (thanks to some China weakness):
Government bond yields remained relatively flat:
Oil continues to depress itself:
Less so in South African terms (which is, possibly, more depressing):
Oh gold and platinum (see yesterday’s post):
Happy Heritage Day (?)
Until next week!